Free Behnam campaing has announced 12 -18 January 2015 as a week of solidarity in support of jailed labour activist Behnam Ebrahimzadeh.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support, provide you with a brief report on the week of solidarity and ask you to please continue your support for jailed labour activist Behnam Ebrahimzadeh.
Behnam Ebrahimzadeh is a labour’s and children’s rights activist. He was arrested in June 2010 in Tehran and was already serving 4th years of his 5 years sentenced when he was sentenced again to another 9 and a half years in prison on 29th December 2014. His lawyer was not allowed to attend the trial.
During the solidarity week (12 -18 January 2015) :
– Letters of support have been issued by several unions including: LO (Sweden), The Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT) , organisation of construction workers in Kurdistan-Iraq, Workers Solidarity Network Of the Middle East and North Africa” (WSNMN). They all demand the release of Behnam.
– There were also demonstration in Toronto –Canada and London-UK.
– On 16 January 2015 there was a Tweet storm in support of Behnam Ebrahimzadeh asking for his release
– Two hours Farsi live TV program on 18 January was dedicated to #FreeBehnam campaign which created an opportunity for the viewers in Iran and other countries to send their solidarity messages to Behnam
– #FreeBehnam supporters also showed their solidarity by sending their pictures/videos while holding Behnam’s picture with the message that said :
“I am Behnam’s voice”, “Free Behnam”
Please see some of the pictures and videos vial link below:
Please continue your support, be the voice of labour activist Behnam Ebrahimzadeh and demand his release.
Ways to help:
SIGN PETITION: http://chn.ge/1xr3BZD
TWEET USING: #FreeBehnam Sample Tweet:
@eu_eeas @UN @ILOACTRIV #IRAN #FreeBehnam Ebrahimzadeh Jailed #Labour Activist SIGN http://chn.ge/1xr3BZD READ http://bit.ly/1HZt68I
International Labour Organization Bureau for Workers’ Activities(ILOACTRIV)
Ms. Maria Helena ANDRE, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
SAMPLE LETTER (it takes only a minute to copy & send the following letter )
TO: The director of the ILO- Bureau for Workers’ Activities(ILOACTRIV)
Dear Ms. Maria Helena Andre
I express my strongest protest against the imprisonment and the jail sentence of Behnam Ebrahimzadeh, the jailed labour’s activist in Iran. The authorities in Iran must be put under pressure to release Behnam Ebrahimzadeh immediately and unconditionally.
I am the voice of Behnam Ebrahimzadeh
Name. . . . . . . .
City/country . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
CONTACT your union: ask them to send a letter to the authorities in Iran in Support of jailed labour activist Behnam Ebrahimzdeh
(Please send a copy to us for our record)
PUBLICISE: Help us publicise the situation of Behnam Ebrahimzadeh and other jailed labour activists in Iran among your network.
ACT OF SOLIDARITY: Take a picture holding Behnam’s photo and show your solidarity. Download picture here
Free Behnam Campaign
****About Behnam Ebrahimzadeh and Free Behnam campaign:
#FreeBehnam campaign has been initiated by the following three organisations in January 2015. For more information please contact the organisations’ website and their spokespersons.
Campaign to Free Political Prisoners in Iran (CFPPI)
Spokesperson: Shiva Mahbobi
firstname.lastname@example.org, 0044 0 757235 6661
Free Them Now (Campaign to free jailed workers in IRAN)
Spokesperson: Shahla Daneshfar
email@example.com , 0044 0 777989 8968
Children First Now
Spokesperson: Afsaneh Vahdat
firstname.lastname@example.org , 0046-702468454